Aviva has shared this Claims Insight, looking back on the past year and forward to potential claims trends on the horizon.
A key emerging risk they expect to see is an increase in Employers Liability claims concerning the pandemic – whether this is from contracting the virus in the workplace, or from physical or mental health deterioration as a result of working from home.
As now the restrictions are lifting it’s vital that you are aware of these potential threats and what you can do to help mitigate the risks and defend yourself against such claims should they arise.
Some practical support for you.
Aviva has developed this guide in conjunction with DAC Beachcroft, one of their solicitor partners to assist you in getting back to business safely. Some triggers to look out for are:
- an employee is in a hospital or has died as a result of COVID-19
- they have made employees redundant
- they have had any enquiries from claimant solicitors
- they have had a COVID-19 outbreak in their workforce
- staff have made complaints regarding COVID-19 safety at work
You will find more information in the practical guide
If you have more questions or queries please contact the office on 01482 968115.